Monday, November 03, 2008

The End of an Artist...



It has been a long time since I last wrote from my day-dreams. The same story follows, what can be written. Today, I got an answer.

I've always told my friends that, I'm one of the happy type person. What makes me happy? Well, I guess, most of what I wanted, has been achieved. What makes me think so? C'mon it's me, I know what I've wanted in this little life. And I'm not saying I've got everything, I'm saying, I've got most of them.

For example, what does an artist want? I guess I'm going too fast. Let's ask, why does an artist creates (From my point of view, Artists are Gods of their own world. They Creat.) a piece of art? For me, it's as simple as this, 'To share their feelings. To make the people feel what They feel.' But here comes the second question, How does an artist judges his work? How do they know they are successful in this? Well obviously, through feedback. When they see, people are expressing the same emotions what he wanted, or when they (the artists) got the slightest clue about their emotions, feelings, they've known about their work. It's been judged.

There all are from my point of view. Now, again, another question. What is the most common expectation of the artists? For me, I think, all of the artists want to judge their work. They always want to know, exactly what people are feeling, when they come across the piece of art. And they want to make people feel exactly what they wanted to make them feel. But they never quite get it right. That's why they keep on trying. And we get continuous supply of art from the artist.

I have never considered myself as an artist. But, I do write some songs (I sing those, too.). And I've always wanted this thing. But, sometimes, I get the feeling, that, I'm successful in making the people feel as I want them to feel when I sing them.

For example, today, I was singing one of my own songs and I could feel I have touched their hearts. I don't know if I'm right or wrong, but once I saw some, no all of my friends (every single one of them, can you imagine!) crying, when I finished a song. That was not expected. and after that, I had the feeling that, I've got what I've wanted. And there's nothing to do more. And I couldn't write for almost a year.

I guess, the feel of fulfillment, the taste of satisfaction kills an artist. because, there's nothing more to do. Unless, there's something new to do. completely new. I had touched their heart once, and I had the sensation, I couldn't do more. And I'm pretty much sure, that I won't be writing for a long time, and I won't at least sing this song for a very long time. I felt it as soon as I could feel their hearts today. And I guess, this is what kills an Artist. This feel of accomplishment, is the End of an Artist....

No comments:

Post a Comment