Friday, May 09, 2008

Let the divine hand solve your problems...
(Continued...)


'last but not least'. I don't know the source of the saying. But it's really old. And it has been serving the human beings with equal usefulness as from its start. Like now.


I am one of the people, who's friends consider him a good palmist. Though, even I don't belive in palmistry. But I do find it amusing. In a sense, to be able to play with people's minds. It's like looking inside their minds and picking their thoughts. It's more like psychology to me. I do use some lines of their hands to guide me at first. But then, eventually, I get into the mind game.

I've explained it or rather tried to explain it to my friends time to time. But then they ask me to do the trick anyway. And this time, knowing the trick, they try to get a person I've never met before and tries to prove my predictions wrong. It's not that, they fail every-time, but 8 out of 10 of their attempts fail. No matter how unknown the person is, I somehow manage to get some correct predictions. Then again, sometimes, the person knowing the game, completely refuses anything I say. But I have found that, later, most of them admitted that I was 70% correct in my predictions.


Then what my friends do is more amusing. They try to argue between then that I was giving generalized comments which are true for most of the people. Well, by this time, I started to have fun and try to be more specific like telling their past. My accuracy doesn't fall this time either. This is the fun.


This leads them to strengthen their believe in my power. But why do they always fail? Because, it is also another mind game leading them to believe in my powers. By trying to prove me wrong, they fall right into my trap. No offence, but they are stupid enough, not to figure it out that by explaining my trick, I start a long process of leading them to try to prove me wrong.


You know what their problem is? They always try to get a new person. But they fail to admit a simple fact. They think, as I am a Computer Engineering student. I am not a psychologist, good enough to understand a psychology of a completely new person.


It's not that I don't make any mistake. I do make some mistakes sometimes. In persuading them to prove me wrong, I sometime go very fast. And my friends get fishy. They ask me how had I been able to tell the persons past from start. Is it by reading the lines or not. Then, I give them a mysterious smile. (Though I don't believe in mysteries either but they do) I just say, 'We were created by a divine hand. And it has been controlling, and guiding us since. And if you light a thousand candles with one, each one burns with same illumination. We are also divine. Each part of our bodies have a touch of that hand. (With a philosophic tone) We are also divine that way. (They don't have the willingness to challenge their own divinity.) Our hands has a divine touch also. So, the lines in the hand might show some touch of his planning with us. You just have to know how to interpret the meanings'.


And thus the divine hand saves my day and their faith in my powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment