Saturday, July 24, 2010

Shortcut to Happiness...

Today, when I was getting out, one of my friend asked that once I told him, his relation with his wife will be cold. He is getting married within 3 months. Now he asks, why I said that.

I was confused, when I told that, he was not that type of guy. Then, why? I told that, you have grown chariest. But, as it goes, everyone forgets the reason why they are in this race. I took the example of another friend. She doesn't like to work, she doesn't like job. But still she is doing it. That's not the problem. Problem is, she doesn't know why she is
doing all these. It is killing her slowly.

When I was in school, I was constantly persuaded by my parents to study hard so that I could stand First, Second or Third. Then I was forced to take Science in stead of Music on my Secondary school. Somehow, I got Star marks and it continued throughout my Higher Secondary. The pressure didn't fall, persuasion went on and on. Like I'm in the
world not to live, to race.

At university, I dived into the vast realm of knowledge. I tried to learn, I tried to know. My friends got freaked out. Why am I like this? Why I am in no hurry! Why am I not racing? I had to learn some hard
cold truth also. You have to attend class regularly, maintain a good CGPA to have a carrier. But that's not the problem. The problem was, everyone said, if you don't have a good carrier you are doomed. I asked. Why? Answer was, you can't be happy without a good carrier. You have to shine and shine in life to be happy.

Then, I asked, what are the requirements of
being happy? Isn't it a state of mind? Are there any formulae to be happy? Are there any proof, if I dive into the race I will be happy? There was no answer this time.

I see everyone is competing with their life to win. But, to win what? Is it happiness? Is there any shortcut to happiness? Is there any formulae to achieve it? Can anyone answer me?...

Print This Page

4 comments:

  1. Yeah , well said boss, the theory of happiness is not to bother what other think of you. just do the duty what need to be done by you for you. happiness is something like Einstein's theory.i have seen all my friends always wanted to put me as their competition.Then i laughed at their ignorance....look i haven't had a great career for me yet.Still i am happy.People always say that i am arrogant, but i know why they call me arrogant, cause i break the rules in front of their face. their ridiculous rules even cant make them happy. The happiness is in breaking all the rules and create the rules for you by you don't bother what people say about you.

    They are talking about you cause they are afraid of you. and deep down in my heart i knew that you are the one who could break all the rules created by society for society.

    Eventually aren't we happy to say all the cowards that we are not into the race you run.
    You guys will always have to look for the happiness that we cherish without running into the rat race.cause we are the racer who races within themselves and each time break the records created by ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said Sunny. Thanks. Can I say-

    আমি আমায় নিয়ে জুয়া ধরি, কিছু জিতি কিছু হারি। গবেষনা চালাই হাজার নিজেরই উপর।

    আমার জগত্‍ আমি ভাঙ্গি-গড়ি ভেঙ্গেচুরে নতুন করি।

    স্বেচ্ছাচারের জগতে মোর, আমিই যে ঈশ্বর...

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is no shortcut to be happy..........the key to happiness is being happy.n d race u r talking about is everywhere.so we forget our lives n run for life........dis take us somewhere between nowhere.but d problem is dis rules of society becomes so absolute dat we cant question dem.if we question we will become a dumb or crazy person.its simple ....if we just live d life instead of pushing it n if we just feel d youth instead of calculating i guess we can at least have a life.....den anyone can think about happiness....

    ReplyDelete
  4. happiness is just a feelings, one has to learn how to feel it. there was a mad guy who used to hit his head with a hammer always. one asked him why do you hit yourself all the time? the mad guy replied when I don't I feel very happy.

    your happiness your way. but you should not forget the give and take rule. I think the easiest way to be happy is to make happy. the more you can make the people around you happy you will feel it return multiplied.

    while you are braking the rules be careful about the people around you, may be you are not harming any one but may be hurting. and as per rule of nature none of your action goes non reacted.

    as I said earlier your happiness your way. it depend on you how do you define your world, how would you define people around you.

    ReplyDelete